Medical Device Precision Pressing
There has been significant growth in the medical devices market over the last 10 years. Clamason’s experience in this sector, plus its success in achieving the ISO13485 accreditation in 2008 has resulted in the company producing more than 300 million medical device components per annum, becoming a key supplier in this field.
Clamason are medical device tooling experts and provide precision high volume pressed parts for a number of different medical devices, including insulin pens and dry powder inhalers.
Components are produced from stainless steel, manufactured at speeds of up to 1000 per minute on a range of Bruderer presses. On-line inspection is included in the pressing process with 100% camera checking.
Parts are then subsequently batch checked on Nikon non-contact vision systems.After pressing, the components are cleaned to the required standard in state-of-the-art cleaning machines (for more details on cleaning capability visit our dedicated cleaning page) before being packed in GMP class 7 clean rooms.
When it comes to packaging, there are a number of manual or automated packaging options available. Components can be double-bagged or individually packed into medical grade plastic trays, depending on individual client requirements.
All of the above processes are approved to the ISO13485 validation process.
- Over 300 million components manufactured per annum
- Providing medical device tooling for a range of equipment
- Parts manufactured at speeds of up to 1000 per minute
- Manufactured using state of the art Bruderer presses
- On-line inspection included with 100% camera checking
- Parts also batch checked using Nikon non-contact vision systems
- Cleaned using state of the art equipment
- Manual or automated packaging options available