Metal Stampings for Infotainment Systems
Stamped metal components are commonly used in the manufacture of infotainment systems for today’s technologically advanced vehicles. These components are typically made from sheet metal that has been cut and shaped into a specific design using stamping tools, such as Clamason’s leading-edge presses.
Some examples of stamped metal components used in infotainment systems include:
- Brackets. Stamped metal brackets are used to mount various components of the infotainment system such as the head unit, speakers, and displays. These brackets need to be strong and durable to securely hold the components in place.
- Covers. Stamped metal covers are used to protect components such as wiring, circuit boards, and amplifiers. These covers need to fit precisely and be securely fastened to prevent any damage.
- Structural components. Stamped metal structural components are used to provide additional support and stability to the infotainment system. These can include braces, reinforcements, and mounting plates.
With automotive OEMs pushing the boundaries in terms of screen size, content and new technologies such as 3-D, OLED, cameras and haptics, infotainment is a huge growth area for Clamason. As a result, we can offer a wealth of experience.
Industry Specific Design Expertise
Stamped metal components are an important part of the manufacturing process for infotainment systems. They help to ensure that the components are securely mounted, protected, as well as aesthetically pleasing.
When you work with Clamason to manufacture these parts, we’ll go the extra mile to ensure that they are efficient, too.
The skilled team in Clamason’s UK Design Centre help identify the best solution for each client, using press simulation software to aid the on-going quest to reduce the weight and size of components.
Clamason produces infotainment chassis and heat sinks for a range of global tier 1 suppliers, all with different features and characteristics, but generally produced in pre-zinc coated steels, stainless steel and aluminium in material thicknesses ranging from 0.2mm to 3mm.
Discover more about Clamason’s precision pressings for the automotive industry here.
- Cutting edge press simulation software
- Efficiently reducing the weight and size of components
- Infotainment chassis and heat sinks for Europe’s leading suppliers
- A wide range of features and characteristics
- Material thicknesses ranging from 0.2mm to 3mm
- Mainly produced in pre-zinc coated steels, stainless steel and aluminium